I had some other problems when I had tried to use Eclipse Europa. However, I
downloaded the Eclipse Ganymede version and everything works fine. One more
thing I had done was to downgrade the Java JRE to 1.6 because the latest
update version 1.6.07 was causing problems like Eclipse not running at all.
I cannot be sure if something in the Europa version was wrong, but you can
try this.
- Install Europa Ganymede in a separate directory.
- Install the Android Eclipse plugin in Eclipse Ganymede
- Try running your simple app.

One more thing. Before you run the application in the new Ganymede version,
do read up on the 'updating SDK' section on Android Google website. There is
a mention about deleting the cached data and files from the Emulator. I
would recommend doing that to ensure you have nothing left from the earlier
versions.

Hope this helps.

--
- Sunit Katkar