Look at http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/os/Build.html
You can get the information about the device and the build being run on the
device by using code like this

import import android.os.Build;
    super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
    final String id = Build.ID;
}

Just explore the link above and you will get a lot of information about the
device.

- Sunit
http://sunitkatkar.blogspot.com/ - Android Tutorials

--