On Nov 5, 10:28 am, "Dave Kong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My asserts in android code never fires even with -ea option for my java
> runtime (set in eclipse).
>
> From this old post back in 2007, it seems to indicate that assert won't
> work, and it suggests Assert class in junit
> instead.http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/threa...

Setting them on the Eclipse side won't help -- you need to have them
enabled on the VM running in the emulator.

This document ("Controlling the Embedded VM") explains how to enable
them for apps running on the emulator:

http://git.source.android.com/?p=platform/dalvik.git;a=blob_plain;f=docs/embedded-vm-control.html;hb=HEAD

These instructions don't currently work on a G1, because you can't
change dalvik.* system properties from the adb shell.