First, please note that Android does *not* support native code development
at the moment.

Even the open source tree doesn't provide a real STL library at this point.

While many parts of the system are written in C++, we profiled and avoided
using STL there
because it easily generates *very* large binaries that run very poorly on
embedded CPUs
like the ARM that have tiny instruction caches. We thus had to provide our
own templatized
containers instead.

That doesn't mean you absolutely can't develop a native application, but:

1 - it will have to statically link to your own version of the STL
2 - it will not be easily installable to supported Android devices, like the
G1
3 - don't expect it to be small or run very fast.

We may provide native development support in the future, but I doubt this
will include full STL support.