I don't know of any way in the emulator. I do know that zxing used to
have a way of reading in an image from the device as camera input. It
used to be that you used adb to copy a file over to /tmp/barcode.jpg

That's no longer supported though. I did speak with some people on the
zxing list to see if there was any equivalent and there's a glimmer of
hope that something may be available. Since I can't find my own
message any more I'll link you to the following one:
http://groups.google.com/group/zxing/browse_thread/thread/15bee82edbd17959/5e19913c20735f6d?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=barcode.jpg#5e19913c20735f6d

Of course, if you're comfortable hacking apart the android java files
that come with zxing then you should be able to make it load a Bitmap
instead of use the camera.

Again, there's no proper way of using a camera in the emulator as far
as I know. It really would be a big help though.

Regards,
Stuart.