Hi everyone,

First of all I just want to point out that, though I'm not a complete
beginner to programming, I only started learning java on monday!

Despite this I've managed fairly well, but have a few questions about
saving data.

I want my program to be able to save some basic data; name, date of
birth, stuff like that. I want to avoid the contacts list and
preferences, as I will likely be saving the data for more than one
object in the near future.

I was wondering if anyone has any links to, or examples of working
save code, which saves data to either an xml file or some other raw
file. I know there's some sample code provided on the android site,
but as far as I can see this is mainly used to load resources, and
though I am interested in this too, I'm more interested in saving
first.

Any help at all will be much appreciated. Currently I find myself
trolling through documentation and it's getting a little tedious! But
it all helps...