Please don't crosspost like this... at least wait a day or two if you
don't get an answer to your first post.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Juan David Trujillo C.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don´t live in the US, but I would like to get a G1.  Is it possible
> somehow to buy a G1 without a suscription plan, and just pay for the
> device?  I´ve read that you have to pay a 2 year suscription, is that
> right?

No.  I paid outright for my G1, and got the IEMI unlock code about two
days after I got the phone and called T-Mo and asked for it.

I'm currently on a month-to-month T-Mo plan, so that smoothed a lot over.

I don't know what would happen if you walked into a store (that
actually had a phone) and tried to buy it outright.  Worse comes to
worse, you could set up a FlexPay plan and then just forget about it.
After you got your GSM unlock code of course.

T-Mobile FlexPay plans: http://tinyurl.com/6o98oc

Thanks,

Brian