You need to
1) Learn JAVA if you dont know it. Refer to the www.javasoft.com -Sun web
site for free tutorials
2) In Java, learn a bit about how event handling for GUI based programming
works.
3) Download the Eclipse IDE www.eclipse.org and use it to type and learn the
Java examples from the tutorial

Once you are done with it (might take you a solid week to get a good grasp
of Java) then turn to code.google.com/android and
download the SDK and follow the examples.

--
- Sunit Katkar
http://sunitkatkar.blogspot.com/ - Android OS Tutorials