You must use Apache POI project : open source (using .jar or java
source code) to read/write MW Office files. 100% Java.

Of course all file formats are not well supported.  XLS is OK, PPT not
so bad.
DOC is also readable, but not very good.

There are also other Open Source libraries ...

I don't think Google will add such lib. in their standard SDK.