I've seen a number of questions/issues with the translucent blur
activity example but no solution that works for me.  I see the text
but the background is solid without any transparency.  Can anyone spot
what I am missing in the various pieces below?

--AndroidManifest.xml--
        <activity android:name=".activity.BlurText"
            android:theme="@style/Theme.Transparent"
            />

--res/layout/myblur.xml--
<TextView xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
        android:id="@+id/blurtext"
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
android:layout_height="fill_parent"
    android:gravity="center_vertical|center_horizontal"
    android:text="@string/some_text"/>

--res/values/colors.xml--
  <drawable name="transparent_background">#00000000</drawable>

--res/values/styles.xml--
        <item name="android:windowIsTranslucent">true</item>
        <item name="android:windowAnimationStyle">@android:style/
Animation.Translucent</item>
        <item name="android:windowBackground">@drawable/
transparent_background</item>
        <item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item>
        <item name="android:colorForeground">#fff</item>

--activity/BlurText.java--

public class BlurText extends Activity {
    @Override
    protected void onCreate(Bundle icicle) {
        super.onCreate(icicle);
        getWindow().setFlags
(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_BLUR_BEHIND,
                WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_BLUR_BEHIND);
        setContentView(R.layout.myblur);
    }
}