Well, there's lots of books out there.. you could start with a Java
Certification book (proagrammer is the first level).  Or there are
Java patterns books as well as general coding books and J2ME, J2SE,
J2EE, etc... I'm sure there are Eclipse books too...  Not sure if
there's an Android book yet.

Honestly, I would set aside a couple hours, head to B&N or Borders and
grab a couple promising looking books and spend 15-20 minutes reading
through a couple chapters in each, find one you like and then buy it.
Or look for java books on Amazon and read the reviews.  I learned from
a certification book and a few co-workers set up a review class so we
could prepare for the cert test, but otherwise most every day sort of
stuff I learned on the job...

I would go for Eclipse unless you're a die hard command prompt guy
(that's what I do for PHP, but not Java).