Hi,
I have been working through the lunarlander example application, in
an
attempt to understand the source code. I have run into a couple of
problems, and would really appreciate if someone could space a couple
of minutes to assist in may understanding.

The onCreate method contains the following:

   protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

        // turn off the window's title bar
        requestWindowFeature(Window.FEATURE_NO_TITLE);

        // tell system to use the layout defined in our XML file
        setContentView(R.layout.lunar_layout);

        // get handles to the LunarView from XML, and its LunarThread
        mLunarView = (LunarView) findViewById(R.id.lunar);
        mLunarThread = mLunarView.getThread();

        // give the LunarView a handle to the TextView used for
messages
        mLunarView.setTextView((TextView) findViewById(R.id.text));

        if (savedInstanceState == null) {
            // we were just launched: set up a new game
            mLunarThread.setState(LunarThread.STATE_READY);
            Log.w(this.getClass().getName(), "SIS is null");
        } else {
            // we are being restored: resume a previous game
            mLunarThread.restoreState(savedInstanceState);
            Log.w(this.getClass().getName(), "SIS is nonnull");
        }
    }

I can see that we are performing the following:
        Turn off the title bar in the window
        Set the activity content to the lunar_layour layout file
        gets a reference to the 'lunar' layout
        gets a reference to the thread member of the LunarView class
        give the LunarView a reference to the textview for game
messages
        we then set the state of the lunar thread to STATE_READY,
which also
outputs a bunch of status messages

The problem is that after executution of setState, the code seems to
end. I can see no sections of code that actually creates the
LunarView
or LunarThread objects, which are required to start the game proper.
Obviously I am missing something here, I was wondering if anyone
could
assist! Thanks lots!