Hi Curtis,

I downloaded Eclipse first, Ganymede(3.4).  Then installed the java,
latest one.

Of note, I put Eclipse in the Public directory, in it's own
subdirectory.  The java I accepted the defaults.

Then I wrote a simple binary tree example.

Then I installed the Android developer kit.

In order to install Java, I installed it as an Administrator, under
Administrator Permissions.

As to the Eclipse, I found it required several modifications of
Eclipse.ini, to handle the different applications.

With the Android developer kit, you must insure that you have the same
workspace as the installation.  There are probably workarounds on
this.

All of these worked well running under user permissions, until they
began banging against the firewall.  It caused several freeze ups,
finally, I made my developer log-on an Administrator.

So, it does work under Vista, it just takes adjustments and knowing
how to do it.  The only real issue I'm noticing, is that it puts extra
load on my graphics, and when I work with it to create screen captures
of Eclipse, the video is behind the audio.

I hope you find something in this post helpful.  The biggest
recommendation is that you get Eclipse fully operational, and then
install the Android libraries.

John.
http://radiolistenersElectricEasel.com Inc.