JeanNiBee wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm in Montreal and I've gotten into developing for Android as I
> believe the open source-ness and Java base will truly help it win over
> the "other guys" closed nature in the long run.
>
> My problem is I can't find an android phone WITH a data package in
> Canada (I don't care if it's outside Quebec)
>
> I've scoured this group and the net but haven't seen anything other
> than getting a Rogers account, signing up for the iPhone data plan,
> unlocking my Android and slapping the sim from my Rogers iPhone
> account / phone into the Android and hoping to get G1 service.
>
> Yeah sure I can use the device emulator for now but I'd love to have
> my own phone sporting my own apps. :)
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. Is this still the only way to do this?
> 2. Are there ANY plans for someone to bring the Android to us in the
> Great White North?
>
> Thanks.

Hello,

You can actually by an unlocked Tmobile Android G1 phone from the US but
the shipping is just way too much.  I myself is living in Ontario Canada
and I'm just waiting for my friend to buy it in the states.  Other than
that, you can wait till the first quarter in 2009 and _maybe_ there will
be a release in Canada (I really hope so).

--
David Duong