Hello all,

I am using the Logic PD OMAP3430 development platform, with the
intended result of integrating a custom i2c IC so that we can develop
demo applications for Android.  Overall, this configuration is similar
to a production G1, except for the added peripherals offered by the
3430LDP.  Currently, I have a userspace driver written in C, and
communication and proper operation of our part have been verified
while running an Android-configured variant of the 2.6.27 kernel.

Looking at the Android stack (http://code.google.com/android/images/
system-architecture.jpg), it looks like the driver could somehow be
compiled into a library or wrapped to fit into the application
framework, but I have been unable to find any documentation on this
type of project.  We need the part to be able to send data to
userspace; now it seems like we would almost have to tear Android
apart and rebuild it in order for this to work, even if the driver was
built into the kernel.

Maybe I've missed something, and if so I would certainly appreciate
being pointed in the right direction.  Any tips, suggestions, or
general information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris H.