On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, android.R.layout.simple_list_item_1 does not have a TextView with
> the ID of R.id.name. Try android.R.id.text1 instead.

Thanks for pointing that out. It completely flummoxed me. So I went back in
to look at it again to make sure I could explain my problem and I found out
what the *real* problem was: I was using the wrong layout in the
SimpleCursorAdapter call! :-)
So that's working.

So now, I want to double-click on of those fields and edit the record.  I
assume I want to do that by getting the _id of the record, somehow pass that
to another Activity, have that Activity open the ContentProvider and drop
the data into a new layout, right?

Or is there a more 'droidy way to do it?

--

Faber Fedor
Cloud Computing New Jersey