There isn't a right way to kill a process, you just shouldn't be doing
it, quite literally I'm not even sure you can. These aren't "normal"
Linux or Java processes, they're managed by the system. You can call
finish(), which may shortly result in your process being killed by the
system, but it may not.

You have no access to processes other than your own. Each application
runs with its own user id, and normal Linux user isolation applies.

Cheers,
Justin