Dear list,

I'm currently developing a G1 only webservice. Its designed for  HVGA,
so there is no need for zooming. In fact I'd even fancy to inactivate
zooming in Chrome for this service. I do not think that is possible,
is it?

So I made the decision of jumping into Android development and putting
that service in a webview...  But honestly, starting from
superscratch, it's kind of tough start ! I got the code below
compiling and running on the emulator, the only catch is that it is
neither fullscreen, nor does the respectivly called URL load up, but
stays offline. Do you have any idea why is that? Chrome is online
though.

Also: Could you point me to the required code for showing that
fullscreen, I will appreciate that one so much.

And last but not least: I haven't found any proper introductions for
Android development on Eclipse. I mean introductions for the real
beginners! I'm more the designer guy ,you know.

Again, hope you can help me on these. Be assured it's highly
appreciated! Thanks a lot,

Hannes

package com.example.android.browserdemo;
import com.example.android.browserdemo.R;
import android.app.Activity;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.webkit.WebView;
import android.widget.TextView;

public class browserdemo extends Activity {
    @Override
    public void onCreate(Bundle icicle) {
        super.onCreate(icicle);

        try{