Hi Mark,
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try casting before and I've tried it
again. It gives me a 'InvocationTargetException' when I cast it. When
I put a debug watch for 'v' (the second parameter to onListItemClick
()), i see that 'v' is of type 'LinearLayout'. Under 'v', I also see a
View[] and the first element in the array is a CheckedTextView and the
second element - a TextView. So I tried this code:

       LinearLayout layout = (LinearLayout)v;
       View childView = layout.getChildAt(0);
        if(childView != null && childView instanceof CheckedTextView)
        {
                CheckedTextView cv = (CheckedTextView)childView;
                cv.setChecked(!cv.isChecked());
        }

But it takes me back to where I started :o) Wrong row gets checked. I
have 5 rows. Here is how the listview behaves:
If I click on row1, row5 checkbox gets checked.
Click on row1 again, row1 checkbox gets checked
Click on row2, row4 checkbox gets checked.
Click on row2 again, row2 checkbox gets checked
BUT..when I click on row3, row3 gets checked correctly! Even if I have
only 3 items the second item (middle one) gets checked correctly.

Something to do with the layout...maybe??

@Romain-
Thanks for responding. setChoiceMode is set to Mutiple choice. But it
doesnt check the row. Thats why I am manually trying it.