Hi,

Take a look at the following code:

The first class is a locationmanager which holds the current and
previous location:

public class MyLocationManager implements LocationListener {
   private Location previousLocation;
   private Location currentLocation;

   private LocationManager locationManager;

   public MyLocationManager (Activity activity) {
      this.locationManager = (LocationManager)
activity.getSystemService(Context.LOCATION_SERVICE);
      this.locationManager.requestLocationUpdates
(LocationManager.GPS_PROVIDER, 0, 0, this);
   }

   @Override
   public void onLocationChanged(Location location) {
      this.lastLocation = location;
      Log.v("LocationManager", "Lat: " + location.getLatitude() + " -
Lon: " + location.getLongitude());
   }

   @Override
   public void onProviderDisabled(String provider) {}

   @Override
   public void onProviderEnabled(String provider) {}

   @Override
   public void onStatusChanged(String provider, int status, Bundle
extras) {}

}

Th second class is the main activity which acts like a server and uses
the previous location to do something:

public class Example extends Activity {
   private MyLocationManager myLocationManager;

   @Override
      super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
      setContentView(R.layout.main);

      myLocationManager = new MyLocationManager(this);
      while (true) {
         // do something (like some server functionality)
         Location loc = myLocationManager.getPreviousLocation();
         // do something
      }
   }
}

The problem is that myLocationManager doesn't retreive any updates for
the location. I think it has to do with this while-loop that blocks
the main-thread  by continously executing. And because
mylocationmanager is also running in the main thread, he cant't
retrieve his location updates.

Does somebody know how to deal with this? I think I have to make use
of threads somewhere, but I don't know where exactly.

Thanks in advance!

kind regards,

Denzel