Joe wrote:
> 1.  How to go about fetching the image from the URL

That depends on lots and lots of factors, such as:

-- Do you need to save the images to the SD card as a cache or for later
use?

-- Do the images need to be converted to thumbnails?

-- How many of these things are we talking about?

Lots of images that are not already thumbnailed means lots of RAM and
lots of storage and lots of bandwidth, which means lots and lots of pain
and suffering.

> 2.  How to get the image into a List next to some text

I have several blog posts on this topic over at AndroidGuys.com:

http://androidguys.com/?s=fancy+listviews

In particular, you need to be very careful about recycling the list
rows, so you do not wind up re-fetching the images all the time.

Note that some of these posts are from last summer and the M5 SDK, so
they may require some tweaks to work with the 1.1 SDK. Also, forgive the
formatting, as AndroidGuys moved to a new host and so some of my old
postings are a bit messed up.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com

Android Training on the Ranch! -- Mar 16-20, 2009
http://www.bignerdranch.com/schedule.shtml