Hi everyone!  I'm new to both the SDK and Java in general (coming from
a Flash dev background), and I had a quick question regarding the
Lunar Lander sample code:

I was just wondering why synchronized statements are used in all of
the methods in the LunarThread when it's the only thread ever in use
in the activity.  Looking solely at the code for the Lunar Lander
game, it doesn't look like you'd need intrinsic locks.

I'm following all of the examples and the (well laid out)
documentation on the SDK fairly well, but the sychronization in that
thread has me confused.  As a novice, it looks like it's unecessary to
me, and I was hoping someone could clarify why it's been done.  Thanks!