NFSpeedypur wrote:
> On the emulator it
> takes over 5 seconds for the list to be populated.

That feels wrong, but I haven't tried a 9,000-row table.

> And when doing a a
> filter (getListView().setTextFilterEnabled(true);) it takes almost 10
> seconds to filter the list.  Is it unreasonable to think that about
> 9000 entries should be sorted faster?

Did you add an index on the to-be-filtered columns?

> Does your book talk about handling this type of stuff?

There's some coverage of this in the _Advanced Android_ book (not yet in
print, beta available to subscribers), with more to come as that book
gets expanded over the course of the next 12-18 months.

> I see that
> version 2.0 is not in print so I plan to pick it up.

Version 2.0 is available in print. If you're looking at the Amazon page,
they *still* have not updated the cover (grrrrrrrrr) -- I'll be trying
to do that again later this week.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com