AJ wrote:
> sm1, I'm confused by the example code you provided (the EditText
> block).  Which parts of the text are to be interpreted literally, and
> which are just placeholders for values?  I only ask because I don't
> see any specific color defined.

In his example, he uses:

android:background="@android:drawable/editbox_background"

This refers not to a color per se, but to a Drawable, one that happens
to be provided by the system (hence the @android prefix).

If, say, you wanted the background to be red, you could use:

android:background="#FFFF0000"

where #FFFF0000 is red with no transparency (100% alpha channel) in
AARRGGBB format.

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/available-resources.html#colorvals

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)