Thats true and I have tested using a \r in there but it is on the
android emulator.  Its just odd because at one point it was working
fine.  I can make a new string and put a \n in and it works fine.  It
just does not like the one that is taken out of the database.  I have
tried both importing in my own database and creating a new one with
one row and both will not work.  Is there a setting on the Textview
that can disable this?

David