Hello all,
In my quest to learn android, here is my next conundrum.
I have created a class that provides two EditText boxes in the UI.
I want to then launch one of two different classes, based on whether
or not the two inputs match.....password confirmation.

I have a similar situation in different areas of my program, in both
locations, the code chooses the same one each time, and I cannot get
it to choose the other by varying the input accordingly.

The code is below.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tad

******************************.java
class******************************************************************

package com.toadster.KMH;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.content.Intent;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.view.View;
import android.view.View.OnClickListener;
import android.widget.Button;
import android.widget.EditText;

public class ChngLog2 extends Activity{
    @Override
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.chnglog2);

        EditText newlogin = (EditText) findViewById
(R.id.login_entry_new);
        final String NewLoginEntry = newlogin.getText().toString();

        EditText conflogin = (EditText) findViewById
(R.id.login_entry_conf);
        final String ConfLoginEntry = conflogin.getText().toString();

 /*Find the Buttons from the XML Layout */

        Button k = (Button)this.findViewById(R.id.btn_next);
                k.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {
                public void onClick(View arg0) {

        //Button Click Statements

                        if (NewLoginEntry.equals(ConfLoginEntry))
                                {final String login = NewLoginEntry;
                                Intent l = new Intent( ChngLog2.this,
UpdateConfirm.class);
                                startActivityForResult(l, 0x0341);      }

                        else {
                                        Intent v = new Intent(ChngLog2.this,
Nomatch.class);
                                        startActivityForResult(v, 0x0347);
                        }

*****************************  .xml

  // Beginning of the UI body

    <TextView
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:textSize = "15sp"
    android:text="Enter NEW 4 Digit Login"
    />

<EditText  android:id = "@+id/login_entry_new"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:password ="true"
    android:hint = "####"
    />

        <TextView
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:text="   "
    />
<TextView
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:text="   "
    />

  <TextView
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:textSize = "15sp"
    android:text="Confirm NEW 4 Digit Login"
    />

<EditText  android:id = "@+id/login_entry_conf"

        android:id="@+id/btn_next"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"