FgfcccbvfCfkgcghbxh gy

On Mar 13, 2009 11:19 AM, "rustyventure" <goo...@marklinford.com> wrote:

Hi, Everyone:

I'm having some trouble displaying a ProgressDialog. Basically, I want
to show a progress "popup" when a user presses a button in my app.
Here's the code:

OnClickListener updateButtonPressed = new OnClickListener(){
       // @Override
       public void onClick(View arg0) {

               //Run this on a new thread
               runOnUiThread(new Runnable() {

                       @Override
                       public void run() {
                               // TODO Auto-generated method stub

                               ProgressDialog pd = null;

                               pd = ProgressDialog.show(myContext, "please
wait", "updating",
true, false);

                               /*
                                run a bunch of code ...
                               */

                               pd.dismiss();

                       }

               });

       }
   };

The code runs fine, but the popup never appears. I'm using Eclipse as
my development environment, and it logs no errors. As far as I can
tell (and from some google searches), the ProgressDialog should work,
so I'm stumped. Any ideas?