Radio buttons are more appropriate in this case than a checkbox, but
yeah, basically the same idea.

I was going down the route of making and managing a view, but in
poking around the APIDemos sample, the single item list sample looked
appropriate for this case, until I wasn't able to default the selected
button except on creation.

It's actually good to hear the "Android way" doesn't include hacking
around IDs -- but at the same time, wish it was easier to just set the
defaulted button in a list.

Ok, back to making & managing my view for a dialog.

Thanks for the info.