I didn't look at the implementation.
What I guess is, that you cannot access data at the same time from the
Android device and the PC.

So the action will probably be:
- copy data from android device on SD
- mount device as Mass storage device, read data
- umount device as mass storage device

Not really elegant, but feasable.

I don't know, whether an android end device allows TCP/IP over
ethernet.
If yes, then you would just need a small ftp server or alike on your
device.