Do you have further more information with this error?

Just some guesses:
1. what version of SDK do you use? 1.5? or still 1.1? did you set the
right path in the eclipse setting?
2. did you create the virtual device for the simulation?
(command like this: tools\android.bat create avd --name
your_avd_name )