Thanks for reply.

I admit I'm pretty new to Java.  You wouldn't be itchin' to show some
code, would you?

I figure since this seems to influence everyone who uses PhoneGap
Android this way, it may be of benefit to more than just me.  Where
Android gives away the URL of the webapp, it seems to undermine the
efforts to make the app native to begin with.

-Josiah