Hi guys,

I've created a separate class for an object I want to draw on a View
with something like:

        public void Draw(Canvas canvas){

             this.mImage.setBounds(this.coordX, this.coordY, this.coordX +
this.mImageWidth, this.coordY
                + this.mImageHeight);

                this.mImage.draw(canvas);

        }

which works fine. It is not extending any Views, though, as this is
just a logical unit on the app.

However, I want to run a 3 frame animation rather than just rendering
the image, so I tried the following:

1) Created a AnimationDrawable member on that same class:

    AnimationDrawable aAnimate;

2) Loaded my animation to the Drawable member from the xml file on the
constructor with:

        this.mImage = context.getResources().getDrawable(
                R.anim.test2);

3) Created a reference to the AnimationDrawable on the constructor
with:

        this.aAnimate = (AnimationDrawable)this.mImage;

4) Changed the Draw() method to:

        public void Draw(Canvas canvas){

                this.mImage.setBounds(this.coordX, this.coordY, this.coordX +
this.mImageWidth, this.coordY
                + this.mImageHeight);

                this.aAnimate.start();
                //this.mImage.draw(canvas);

        }

But the Drawable does not even appear on the screen (I have logged the
execution so I know that I am getting to the start()).

Any clues/help possible from the gurus out there?

Many thanks

Cass