Take a look at
<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/Canvas.html#drawBitmap(android.graphics.Bitmap,
android.graphics.Rect, android.graphics.RectF, android.graphics.Paint)>
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/Canvas.html

drawBitmap calls, (if your using the Android graphics and not the OpenGl
graphics libs)

You'll see this one in particular

drawBitmap<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/Canvas.html#drawBitmap(android.graphics.Bitmap,
android.graphics.Rect, android.graphics.RectF, android.graphics.Paint)>(
Bitmap <http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/Bitmap.html>
 bitmap, Rect<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/Rect.html>
 src, RectF<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/RectF.html>
 dst, Paint<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/Paint.html>
 paint)Draw the specified bitmap, scaling/translating automatically to fill
the destination rectangle.

Where Bitmap is your Sprite sheet, src is a rectangle on your sprite sheet
(just the section you want to draw) and dst is a destination rectangle on
the canvas (where you want to draw it), and paint is your paint object.

I'd give example code, but I've not actually written anything for android
yet, so my example code would not be the best to learn from. Hopefully
though, that function will show you the way.

Nik