Hi All

I am writing an application in which i need to handle messages between
the main thread(the deafult UI related thread) and the user created
Gamethread.

The requirement is like this.

An activity(say "Activity_X") is setting the view by "setContentView
(some "View_Y")". In "Activity_X" i have implemeted
"onCreateOptionsMenu()" and "onOptionsItemSelected()" fucntions for
creating menus & a switch case for action to be taken on selecting
those menus.Menu has items like "resume/pause/zoom/" .

All action to be take on selecting these menus are implemented in
"View_Y" in a separate Gamethread by extending "Thread" class.

So whenever a menu is selected in "Activity_X" i need to send a
message to "View_Y". And on receiving this ,a particular action/method
should be called in View_Y(GameThread).

How can i achieve this using Handlers?Is there any other way of doing
this? Please do share with me some code snippets for these.
Your advises are highly appreciable. Thank you for your time.

-Latha