I know there are multiple snippets of information about multiple
Spinner activities, but I hope mines will be a bit more simplistic in
nature.

What I am trying to do is give a user a selection of planets by means
of a Spinner interface. When user chooses said planet, they will be
directed to a linear layout embedded with the planet's image. [Spinner
-> Spinner Array -> Spinner Selection -> Image]

Here's my java:

package com.test.screen;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.view.View;
import android.widget.ArrayAdapter;
import android.widget.Button;
import android.widget.Spinner;

public class screen2 extends Activity
{

   @Override
   public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
   {
      super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
      setContentView(R.layout.screen2);

     //Begin Spinner Function
      Spinner s = (Spinner) findViewById(R.id.spinner1);
      ArrayAdapter<CharSequence> adapter =
ArrayAdapter.createFromResource(
        this, R.array.planets, android.R.layout.simple_spinner_item);
      adapter.setDropDownViewResource
(android.R.layout.simple_spinner_dropdown_item);
        s.setAdapter(adapter);

 //New Stuff: Put activity to do when something is selected.
      s.setOnItemSelectedListener(
        new OnItemSelectedListener()
{                                                        <--- I'm
currently researching how to implement this flow
        public void onItemSelected
(
       AdapterView parent, View view, int position, long id) {

      //How to refer to selected item.
      String selectedItemString = parent.getSelectedItem();
       }

And here's my Array.xml

<resources>

    <string-array name="states">