kaloer wrote:
> Well, of course I shouldn't. This only adds one line when it's called.
> Should I call it before the while-loop begins?

You're right -- I skimmed it too quickly.

It's actually a bit more complicated than that. The flow is:

begin-transaction
insert 100 rows worth of stuff
set-transaction-successful

and do that whole block 1000 times for 100,000 words.

So you're probably going to wind up with something like:

while ((line=input.readLine())!=null) {
    DB.beginTransaction();
    DB.execSQL(...);

    for (int i=0;i<99 && (line=input.readLine())!=null; i++) {
        DB.execSQL(...);
    }

    DB.setTransactionSuccessful();
}

plus an appropriate try/catch in there.

However, bear in mind that this will still take a very long time, so
unless you're trying this for educational purposes, I'd move along to
one of the other options.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 2.0 Available!