you should issue the command as: ./adb   (the ./ tells UNIX that you
are looking for the file in the current dir).

Double check your path, and ensure that you sourced the file in the
window you are trying to run (either open a new terminal window, or
type source ~/.bash_profile in the window you are currently using).