Hello,

I am planning to write a android application that logs into a remote user
database. Once logged in the user can perform multiple tasks. I need some
guidance on the technologies I need to read up to achieve it. I read up
OpenLDAP, and Unbound API's for LDAP. Soon I will prototype the LDAP way.

I was thinking of providing the OpenID way of login. So anyone with a openID
login should be able to use my services. Any guidance there ?

One last approach I had was using a MySQL database.

Its a simple task. Multiple applications I use today on my Nokia phone do
user login. So I know its possible. I just need some guidance on where to
start looking/reading.

Thanks in advance
siddha...@mcon