Hi,

I have a surfaceview app and it runs at 60fps ordinarily, but
sometimes if i press the menu key the fps drop right down to 40fps.
This was happening when I moved over to another view for some ordinary
GUI stuff (not a surfaceview) and then back again but I got around it
by restarting the activity each time:

finish();
startActivity(getIntent());

 This meant it was always at 60fps, not an ideal solution but it
works. But now when I press the menukey it also happens sometimes
(perhaps under times of load more often than not), and restarting the
activity here isnt really feasible. So if anyone could shed any light
at all on why pressing the menu key would slow down my surfaceview
20fps, please let me know.

Its a very confusing one.

Gaz.