Hello,

I'm new to Android. I need to create a manet with some htc g1 for my
thesis work. I've received a g1 from the University with cupcake
already built on it. I noticed that ad-hoc mode is disabled by default
in cupcake, but i found this patch:
https://review.source.android.com/Gerrit#change,9714
and I've compiled Android from source applying the patch and following
specific instructions for the g1 dream. Now I don't know which is the
best way to install the build on the device. Is fastboot a safe mode?
The device is not mine, so I'm paying attention to avoid dangerous
situations. I have the following images im my out/target/product/dream
directory (on my pc): boot.img, ramdisk.img, ramdisk-recovery.img,
recovery.img, system.img and userdata.img. Do I need to install all
these images on the phone to apply the update or I can copy only
system.img?

Thanks

Valerio