For simple benchmarking I usually just run "top" in adb shell and I
have noticed that com.android.browser often shows up at the top with
around 16%.

Normally, this only happens when the browser is active but idle and
showing www.google.com. For some reason this page running something
actively when visible. Other google pages (such as calender) does not.

However sometimes when I check after having my phone running for a
while and com.android.browser is not in the foreground it is still at
around 16% - and I need to restart my phone to get rid of it.

Any ideas why?

(This is on the HTC Magic by the way)

-- Jonas Minnberg