Well i discovered what the issue was that prevent eclipse from
creating the workspace folders and android SDK from creating the avd.
well all these folders were under C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\
and apparently I did not have permission to change anything in the
folders, i could create folders but other than that I could not do
anything else thus any program that tried to modify any contents in
the folders would be stopped.
The trick is to right click on the Sam folder and select the 'sharing
and security' option and change the options to allow and then go to
the advanced tab and make Sam the owner or give Sam the privelegde to
change contents and all the other things and apply this to the sub
folders.

Once that was done , everything worked smoothly.

Previously I had tried doing this by right clicking on the folder and
going to the properties tab and changing the setting from read only
but still this does not work since the folder reverts back to read
only.

Otherwise guys thanks.