Persona wrote:
> Hello, the following code uses POST method to communicate with the Web
> Server, and the response is displayed in the console (not parsed in a
> Servlet, etc). When compiled as a java application, the program works
> as expected returning the response as html text.
>
> My aim is to have an Android app that will communicate with servers
> using various protocols- and I am using this as an example in learning
> how that technique can be done. Therefore I would wish Android to get
> the response, and displaying it in 'TextView?' or somewhere. I thought
> this was going to be a straight-forward thing, but I have been stuck
> at this point for days now.
>
> Can somebody assist if possible.

You should try some of the tutorials on http://developer.android.com.
What you have is fine for desktop Java but bears little resemblance to
an Android app, any more than it bears much resemblance to a Swing or
SWT app.

Step #1: Get the Hello, World tutorial working

http://developer.android.com/guide/tutorials/hello-world.html

Step #2: Read up on AsyncTask

Step #3: Create an AsyncTask that, in its doInBackground() method, does
your HTTP processing, and in its onPostExecute() method, updates the
TextView widget

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 1.0 In Print!