Welcome in the club, i also have the phone, and i am a bit
disappointed, with it and with google.
Since the phone only will work on the edge network so you will not be
able to get 3G to play with.
Also the Marketplace sucks since Canada is still not hocked up for
paid apps and so not for selling our apps.

But any how just follow the instructions on the HTC website to get the
new update on your phone as long you have a dev
phone what does not have a google logo, but is a black phone with the
android on the back.

yep just checked my dev phone has no google logo : )