Mapara,Harshit Nitinkumar wrote:
> while app is running and user presses "home" button, what happens ? is
> application killed ? all activities are destroyed?

None of the above. The application is still running.

http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/ui_guidelines/activity_task_design.html#tour

> I wrote a code in one activity's onDestroy() method. In normal
> situation it gets executed while leaving that activity, but when I
> press "home" button, it didn't.

Correct.

> And after pressing home button, the app is starting from beginning. So
> it will not work what I wanted (saving a data (list of objects) )
> before app exits.

Save your data in onPause() or onStop(). Both of those will be called when:

-- the user presses Home
-- a call comes in and the user takes the call
-- the user responds to a Notification
-- etc.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)