I am writing an Android app that has a single database file with 3
tables
( AudioTable, PeopleMap, ImageTable)
and am looking at 2 design alternatives:

1. A -single- database adapter (myDBAdapter.java) which
uses a database helper class that extends SQLiteOpenHelper.
The adapter class has separate methods for accessing and updating rows
in each of the 3 tables.
ie. insertAudio()
   insertPeople()
   insertImage()

2.  3 different database adapters for each table all using the same db
file..
1. audioDBAdapter.java,
2. peopleDBAdapter.java,
3. imageDBAdapter.java)
Each adapter uses it's own db helper class (extending
SQLiteOpenHelper)

While option 2 offers better encapsulation of the 3 classes (and
corresponding data),
I'm wondering if there couldbe a performance overhead or does the
SQLiteOpenHelper implementation handle this without much overhead ?

Or is there some other way I can get better encapsulation with option
1. something similar
to the way the Contacts Provider nicely allows for separate instances
of
Contacts.People, Contacts.Phones, Contacts.Settings, etc.

Chris.