Hi all, I'm in the process of starting to learn to program for the
android platform and I'd like to eventually start making games. A very
big concern of mine, though, is that the space for installing
applications for the average user is very limited.

The concept I wish to discuss is the possibility that the user
downloads the program normally, then the first time they run the
program they have the option of having files exported to the SD where
they will be retrieved for access when needed by the program. I don't
know to what extent this is possible so I was hoping that a smarter
mind could tackle the problem to benefit us all. At the very least it
seems to me that it would be possible to do this with pictures,
animations, and sound effects.

An important part of this though, is whether or not you can delete
files out of the installed files placed on the phone.

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!