good morning :)

i have a problem with registring a reciever as i wish :/
My Problem: there exist links like "irc://someserver.org/channelXY".
When I try to open them with the browser, i always get some kind of
"not found, page maybe moved ..."-message.

Now im wondering if its possible to fetch those url-calls to my own
activity. First thought: registering an reciever in the manifest -
like:

<receiver android:name=".URIProtocolHandler">
                        <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE"></
category>
                                <data android:scheme="irc"></data>
                        </intent-filter>
</receiver>

URIProtocolHandler.java:
[...imports]
public class URIProtocolHandler extends BroadcastReceiver {

        @Override
        public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {

                Intent openSoundSettingsActivity = new Intent(context,
ConnectScreen.class);
                context.startActivity(openSoundSettingsActivity);

        }
}

As far as I understood the concept, this should at least open the
ConnectScreen-Activity.
But - well - nothing happens - the browser is still showing the error
screen.

Maybe someone has an idea and can help me? I seem to be tooooo tired
to get it -.-

Kind regards,
avi