The first bringing up of the Emulator was painfully slow (3 min). I
ran an App. It ended but the AVD was still displaying the last image.
I ran the App again and got:

"emulator: ERROR: the user data image is used by another emulator.
aborting"

I had to close the Emulator Window (Vista) in order to rerun the App.
Because of this, I have to reload/relaunch the Emulator every single
time I use it.

Also, when I press the "Power Off" button, it was in "shutting
down..." mode forever and I had to close the Emulator Window to get
out.

Please HELP! I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks...Mimi