Glad I could be of assistance!

Yeah, there are lots of potential problems with Windows machines and getting
started with developing for Android...  particularly if you connected your
phone before turning on debugging (AFAIK, there is no documentation about
that little tidbit of information, either).

They may have fixed it, but at one point the driver shipped for windows
android debugging had some line ending problem as well, which is why you
needed to download a different file.

When I came across the problem I spent a good week trying to figure out what
was wrong, searching the web for help, etc...

Thanks,
Justin

There are only 10 types of people in the world...
Those who know binary and those who don't.